Our award winning New Model Adviser® editorial team are looking for a Reporter. You will join a very friendly and lively team who work literally shoulder to shoulder.
The team is highly collaborative within itself and with the other talent and resources Citywire has available. It is also outwardly competitive, working passionately to break news ahead of rivals, land scoops that will turn heads and stick closely to worthwhile stories. There is a supportive ethos within the team and we will usually socialise together after press days.
Successful NMA journalists have joined both with experienced backgrounds and with much more raw abilities. It is important everyone is open to new ideas and willing to do the boring tasks as well as the most exciting.
When you join us…
- You will be writing for our weekly award-winning New Model Adviser® magazine and website.
- Breaking the biggest news stories and writing compelling features whilst working to tight deadlines.
- You’ll build and maintain a strong network of contacts, write quickly, clearly and generate ideas for the magazine and website.
- You will cover all things related to financial advice, including pensions, tax, regulation and business news.
What you’ll need:
- Experience chasing news and breaking stories.
- A keen news sense.
- Previous experience in a local newspaper would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the UK pensions, tax or financial advice landscape would be a plus.
- You’ll be educated to degree level or equivalent.
Citywire will offer you:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays,
- Private pension scheme
- Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised gym membership,
- Ride2work bike scheme and annual ticket travel card loans for your travel to and from work.
After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
We are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.