Journalism.co.uk is the UK's leading news and recruitment site for the journalism and publishing industry, with a worldwide reach and influence and an unrivalled focus on digital developments in the industry since 1999. We are based in the fun-loving and enterprising city of Brighton.
We are now looking for a reporter to continue our coverage of an industry that is changing more rapidly and dynamically than at any time in its history.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Knowledgeable about the latest developments within digital journalism and publishing, and the challenges and opportunities for news outlets on digital platforms.
- Web and social media literate: capable of in-depth research using advanced search tools on multiple platforms (such as TweetDeck etc).
- Business savvy: our journalists need to play a major part in our business development, including helping to set the agendas for our thrice yearly newsrewired conferences, procuring speakers, helping to promote the event etc.
- Multimedia skilled: with demonstrable experience of using different platforms to tell stories; familiarity with editing tools for video, audio and still images. (You will be expected to produce a podcast for our site at least once every three weeks, sometimes more frequently.)
- Equipped with a strong news instinct and the dogged determination to make a story stand up and meet daily deadlines.
- Capable of managing his or her time effectively - time management skills will be crucial to success in this role.
- Confident: comfortable with talking to people of all ranks and building good industry contacts using both traditional and social networking methods; capable of delivering presentations in our subject area and moderating panels.
- A self-starter: we are a small company and need staff who can work under their own steam most of the time.
The job involves some travel, in the UK and abroad. We also offer 20 days' holiday per year and additionally usually close between Christmas and New Year.
To apply, please send your CV together with a a covering letter describing in detail how you fit some or all of this job description and what you think you can bring to Journalism.co.uk in addition. You can email directly or apply online via the button below
We will accept applications in video, audio or written formats or any combination of the three, sent via email or using other social media methods.