British Baker is the leading title for the UK bakery sector. Our remit and reach includes national bakery brands, craft and artisan retail businesses, supermarket in-store bakeries, cake shops and coffee chains, wholesale and catering bakery suppliers, plus all allied equipment, ingredients and food-to-go companies. The multimedia reporter role is a frontline position in the covering of this vibrant marketplace.
To produce engaging content for the monthly print publication, website and regular email newsletters, as well as promoting the British Baker brand and developing a multimedia presence.
- The reporter will write news stories and features for the British Baker website and magazine
- The reporter will contribute to British Baker’s multimedia content by shooting and editing video and taking part in podcasts
- The reporter will share social media responsibilities with the rest of the team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Some previous journalism experience, ideally in a B2B environment
- A passion for delivering breaking news
- Social media expertise
- Video shooting and editing skills
- The ability to represent the title to key industry-opinion formers is also important.
WHY WORK FOR US
William Reed has been providing market leading business information for over 150 years. From our origins in grocery, we have expanded across food and drink and into new sectors, including pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US.
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees
Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.