Reporter: Structured Credit Investor - London, United Kingdom
Structured Credit Investor (SCI) is seeking a Reporter to join its established and highly regarded editorial team covering global securitisation and related markets. The position is a new role to generate additional content for our readership.
The ideal candidate will have worked – either full-time or as work experience – in financial journalism, or at least have an understanding of finance, reporting and excellent written English. The role requires a motivated individual, who is keen to learn and capable of flexible working in a small team. Specialist on-the-job training will be provided.
- Developing and maintaining a call roster of key industry figures
- Conducting regular interviews and taking accurate notes over the phone or in person
- Helping SCI be first to market with stories on new developments in the sector
- Engaging with research materials, data, company bulletins and other sector updates in order to generate copy
- Discussing and developing story ideas on a daily basis with the editor or deputy editor
- Writing concise, clear news-led articles and trend pieces, as well as assisting with the weekly market summary
- Attending industry events and conferences to generate story ideas and build relationships.
SCI is an independent media company founded in 2006 that brings readers an impartial perspective on the global securitisation markets. SCI covers all aspects of the sector's constituent asset classes – ABS, CDOs, CLOs, CMBS and RMBS – and related markets, such as capital relief trades, through a combination of news, market data and events.
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter and CV to Corinne Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position