Are you an aspiring journalist looking to cover print, online and video? Our Wealth Manager title covers the exciting and ever changing world of finance and investment.
You will work alongside experts and write high quality breaking news and features. At Citywire we believe in rewarding hard work and actively promote upskilling and training.
The Reporter and the Wealth Manager team
We have a vacancy for a reporter to join our fast-paced editorial team, writing for our weekly Wealth Manager magazine and website in our London office. You will be expected to cover a beat of fund and wealth management companies, building relationships and breaking industry news, while working to tight deadlines.
The team is highly collaborative, working closely with other departments within Citywire to add depth to our coverage. It is also competitive, working passionately to break news ahead of rivals and land scoops that will turn heads. There is a supportive ethos within both the team and Citywire more broadly, with a meritocratic culture that rewards success.
When you joins us...
- Breaking industry news
- Writing in-depth analytical pieces for the magazine
- Developing original content that demonstrates a thorough understanding of our readership
- Building relationships with senior management across the industry
- Helping manage our social media strategy
- Delivering video interviews
What we’d prefer
- 12 months’ journalism experience
- A track record of breaking news
- An understanding of financial markets and a strong contact book
What you’ll need
- Buckets of drive and enthusiasm
- A flair for clear and concise writing
- An excellent grasp of the English language
Citywire will offer you:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays
- Private pension scheme
- Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised gym membership,
- Ride2work bike scheme and annual ticket travel card loans for your travel to and from work.
After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
We are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position