GamblingCompliance is looking for an ambitious and talented reporter to join its highly respected editorial team.
The vacancy is for a qualified journalist with previous gambling, business or legal journalism experience to assist in covering the worldwide gambling industry, with a particular focus on the UK and European sectors.
GamblingCompliance is an online subscription-only news service covering regulatory and business developments across the gambling industry.
You will be working in a small but growing editorial team that leads the sector in its coverage of both regulatory and business developments worldwide.
You must be capable of putting forward and originating news ideas on a daily basis and developing ideas from editorial discussions and meetings. You will be comfortable talking to high-level executives, analysts and lawyers.
Sound news judgment is vital, along with an ability to put together articles that will be considered valuable by an extremely knowledgeable industrywide audience.
The GamblingCompliance service is evolving and we expect the entire editorial team will work towards innovation and improvements in its coverage.
This is a challenging and rewarding role with opportunities for travel and career progression for the right candidate.
To apply, please send your CV, a cover letter and writing samples.
- Writing news and analysis for the daily newsletter to a consistently high standard with an authoritative editorial voice.
- Developing a broad range of contacts within the UK and European gambling market, including gaming analysts and consultants, and attending industry events
- Establishing relationships with national regulatory authorities and industry groups.
- Advising the wider business on industry trends to as a respected authority on specific issues.
- Contributing to one off reports GamblingCompliance may produce.
- Providing input to the London-based commercial team with reference to any potential commercial opportunities or developments.
- Communicating with the London-based regulatory team on important developments and updates.
- Experience covering the gambling industry or similar legal or business sector as a journalist.
- Close attention to detail including grammar and an understanding of media law.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Educated to degree level and ideally with an additional NCTJ or other journalism qualification.
- Foreign language skills ideal, but not essential.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position