The Reporter role and the Citywire Selector team
Are you a talented news reporter looking for a role in a fast moving, dynamic industry? Our Citywire Selector title covers the ever-changing world of European finance and investment and is looking for a reporter to join the team. You’ll work alongside experts and seasoned reporters, writing high quality breaking news and features.
The Selector team is tight-knit and highly collaborative, working closely with other departments within Citywire to add depth to our coverage.
When you join us…
- You will be writing for our flagship monthly magazine and website which caters to fund selectors and investment professionals around the world
- You will break the news that matters to these investors and interview the fund managers they trust to generate returns on behalf of their clients
- You will write compelling features to tight deadlines as well as creating concise and engaging video packages with the help of our in-house video team
- You'll build and maintain a strong network of contacts who will go on record about their investing habits, which will include travel to Europe and potentially beyond
- You will cover a wide array of asset classes such as bonds, equities and alternatives as well as getting the inside story on how your contacts run their businesses globally
What we’d prefer:
- 12 months’ journalism experience
- A track record of breaking news
- An understanding of financial markets and a strong contact book
- Fluent in more than one language
What you'll need:
- A good understanding of economics and eager to build your specialist knowledge
- Resilience and the ability to dig deeply into a story
- The ability to create and grow a contact base to generate exclusive content
- Be a team player but also able to work independently
- Passionate about multi-media
- Able to bring technical subjects alive creatively
What we offer you:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays
- Subsidised gym membership
- Ride2work scheme & season ticket loans
- Freshly ground coffee, fresh organic fruit delivered daily, breakfast cereals and nuts to help yourself to
- After two years continuous service you will also be entitled to private health and dental care insurance, critical illness and death in service cover
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
We are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position