FE Trustnet is looking for a new financial journalist, keen to make their name covering the exciting UK fund management sector. Issues such as Brexit, Donald Trump’s ‘America First’ agenda and the legacy of the global financial crisis move markets on a daily basis – and FE Trustnet helps investors understand how all this and more could affect their portfolios.
As an enthusiastic team player, the successful candidate will work as part of the editorial team behind award-winning investment research website FE Trustnet and FE Trustnet Magazine. The role involves writing news and research articles about funds, markets and investments, drawing together sources such as FE’s investment data, industry contacts, news releases and third-party research.
You will be joining a friendly but ambitious editorial team that prides itself on writing in-depth articles on an important and interesting subject matter. Investment is a complex area but we don’t expect you to be an expert on day one. We have a collaborative approach, where the team bounces ideas off each other and works together to develop some of the industry’s best content.
You will be a self-starter who is brimming with fresh ideas and keen to innovate. We have a flexible approach where you will be encouraged to run with any new ideas for new story format, piece of research or editorial product. FE has the powerful analysis tools and contacts book that can make this happen and you will be supported with full training and assistance.
FE Trustnet is the UK’s leading online fund research platform and was voted best investment research site at the 2018 Investment Research Awards. Serving the needs of private and professional investors, the site exists to help investors understand what’s driving the market and offer support for their investment decisions.
FE Trustnet Magazine, the private investor magazine from FE Trustnet, is a monthly tablet-based publication which aims to break down the complex world of funds and stocks for a private investor audience through an informative and entertaining mix of news, features and interviews.
- Writing 2-3 research-driven stories per day plus others where appropriate
- Building a strong contacts book and represent FE Trustnet as a core member of the company’s front of house staff
- Supporting the continued growth of FE Trustnet through new content ideas, promotion on social media and helping to build the audience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Perfect written English is essential
- Candidate must be confident with numbers
- Excellent interpersonal skills as applicant expected to deal with people at all levels within the asset management industry (CEO to analyst)
- Previous experience in financial trade press preferred but not essential
- Educated to degree level – English Literature/History/Economics/Journalism preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
Competitive package, role full-time (37 ½ hours per week) based in our London office.
How to apply
To make further enquiries or apply please contact:
Rebecca Spink - HR Assistant - T / 01483 711 881 E / email@example.com
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position