Unquote has been covering the European private equity industry for over 20 years, and is widely regarded as the number one source of factual deal and fundraising information, as well as in-depth analysis of the market’s hot topics.
Unquote is looking for a reporter to join its thriving team based in London. The successful candidate will carry out detailed research into the European venture capital and private equity market, with a focus on the DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) region. The reporter will initially focus on producing news items and gather proprietary information, before branching out into in-depth features and reports once they have built up sufficient contacts and market knowledge.
- Carry out detailed research into the European venture capital and private equity market by direct contact via the telephone, internet and meetings, with a focus on the DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) region;
- Help maintain up-to-date website by providing daily deal updates and in-depth market coverage;
- Writing analysis pieces and interviews for the website when requested;
- Write well researched, accurate copy in ‘house style’;
- Be an active member of the Unquote team, initiating and assisting in the development of new product ideas;
- Monitor competition publications and websites;
- Represent the brand at press conferences and industry and magazine events, both during and outside normal working hours; and
- Provide support to other members of the editorial and data teams on other published products, one-off consultancy products and custom research.
Skills & requirements:
- Recent research experience with an interest in financial and business sectors;
- Ability to produce factual, accurate and engaging copy to a high-quality standard and in accordance with the Unquote house style and guidelines;
- Able to extract data directly from investment executives and from published, on-line and other external sources;
- Comfortable speaking on the telephone, in meetings and at conferences to senior business leaders;
- Interest in the technical side of private equity and venture capital deals, funds etc; to understand and serve the information needs of industry players; and
- Able to act as an ambassador for the company and its products, maintaining high levels of integrity.
Nice to have:
Reading/speaking German to a business level will be a strong advantage.
What’s in it for you:
- 25 days paid leave + local Bank Holidays;
- London office with stunning roof terrace, great communal areas and a very modern space;
- Private Healthcare;
- Company Pension Scheme;
- Employee Assistance Program/ Save as you Learn Scheme;
- Employee social club; and
- Pool table/subsidised gym/other staff discounts and more.
If you are interested in this position, please click on ‘Apply Here’. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position