Reporter: Structured Credit Investor - London, United Kingdom
Structured Credit Investor (SCI) is seeking a reporter to join its established and highly regarded editorial team covering global securitisation and related markets. The role will include writing news analysis articles and generating additional content for our readership.
The ideal candidate will have worked – either full-time or as work experience – in financial journalism, or at least have an understanding of finance, reporting and excellent written English. The role requires a motivated individual, who is keen to learn and capable of flexible working in a small team. Specialist on-the-job training will be provided.
- Writing concise and clear copy;
- Conducting regular interviews and taking accurate notes over the phone or in person;
- Helping SCI to be first-to-market with stories on new developments in the sector;
- Engaging with research materials, data, company bulletins and other sector updates in order to generate copy;
- Discussing and developing story ideas on a daily basis with the editor;
- Developing and maintaining a call roster of key industry figures; and
- Attending industry events and conferences to generate story ideas and build relationships.
SCI’s global audience consists of senior executives at major investment banks, asset managers, law firms and consultancies, working in a sector that plays a key role in the financial industry and wider economy. As such, an ability and willingness to engage with high-profile individuals at global firms is crucial.
SCI is an independent media company founded in 2006 that brings readers an impartial perspective on the global securitisation markets. SCI covers all aspects of the sector's constituent asset classes – ABS, CDOs, CLOs, CMBS and RMBS – and related markets, such as capital relief trades, through a combination of news, market data and events.
Please send a covering letter and CV to Corinne Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position