New Model Adviser® magazine and website
The award-winning New Model Adviser® magazine and website is looking for a Reporter. You will join a friendly and lively team who work shoulder to shoulder across print and online media. With work set by the News Editor and Magazine Editor and reporting to the NMA Editor, this is a great opportunity to join Citywire’s successful editorial team.
Citywire is a leading global provider of independent intelligence and insight about asset management.
Our events, news, technology and analysis inform asset managers, investors and intermediaries around the world about the changing shape of a $75 trillion industry that channels the investments of millions of individuals, businesses and institutions.
We employ around 240 people with offices in London, Brighton, New York, Munich, Milan and Singapore.
Character and skills
We’re looking for an individual with a can-do attitude and methodical approach to work. You will need to be well organised, with daily deadlines; last minute news alerts; external meetings; podcast and video recordings; ‘ring arounds’; industry events and other occurrences such as court reporting and attending media briefings.
You will need to have good numeracy and writing skills as well as the ability to think critically and analytically. It is crucial you are a team player, happy working closely with others, collaborating or helping out where necessary for the good of the team and the publication.
You will break exclusive and off-diary news on the title’s website using research and relationships. You will write long form analysis and feature articles for print and online on weekly basis, and interview key figures in financial advice and associated financial services such as insurance and asset management. You will be contributing to a lively but highly co-operative team in a fast-paced environment.
This role will require you to:
- write news articles to sometimes tight deadlines, as well as well-researched analysis pieces and other features;
- develop relationships with industry contacts and regularly leave the office for meetings and events;
- be involved in recording podcasts and video content for the website.
What you’ll need:
Job Specific Skills
- ability to write clearly and in good English;
- technological literacy including SEO, social media and other facets of online publishing;
- ability to work collaboratively in a team as well as independently;
- a good grasp of numbers and basic maths, and ability to grapple with financial statements;
- confidence with speaking in front of a camera or microphone, and willingness to engage in public speaking opportunities as they arise (training and support for all these things is provided by Citywire).
Previous experience and profile
Some previous experience as reporter is desirable. However, it is possible the right candidate might have a slightly different background, perhaps having attended a journalism school or possess other relevant experience. NCTJ qualification would be advantageous but is not necessary. Citywire does support further training and development. Experience with social media, SEO and media websites is also of interest.
In return, Citywire will provide you with a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 29 on your fourth year and 30 days after your fifth year) plus bank holidays,
- Competitive private pension scheme with frequent visit from the provider,
- Well-being initiative: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7,
- Buddy-team lunches: you will be introduced to Citywire by one of our members of the team and will take you out for lunch during your first 6 months with us. It's all on us!
- Subsidised gym options. We will help with your monthly or annual costs.
- Country walks: enjoy a day outdoors every summer with different members of Citywire. A great time to enjoy the good weather and engage with colleagues.
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans.
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12, 24 or 36 months and make a National Insurance saving too.
- After 2 years of continuous service you will also have access to market-leading private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
- On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, a physio visiting quarterly as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
If you are the right candidate for this job, please do not hesitate to apply!
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position