Mergermarket is a business development tool designed specifically for the M&A sector, providing proprietary intelligence and analysis on corporate strategy before that strategy becomes public knowledge. Our network of M&A journalists and analysts talk to CEOs, CFO’s and industry contacts, reporting what they learn to Mergermarket subscribers. Together with our specialised analysis and data, this creates an indispensable resource for M&A professionals.
We are currently looking for a reporter to report on M&A activity for our France Bureau. Reporting to the senior reporter in France, the successful candidate will join our global network of over 500 Acuris dedicated journalists working within a fast-paced team writing scoops on significant deals involving listed and private targets, mainly in France, and providing breaking news & analysis throughout the deal life cycle. Our coverage spans from highlighting a potential transaction through to scooping the deal details and analysing reviews by competition authorities.
You will be trusted to:
- Produce exclusive articles and breaking news including in the outlying regions of France, by interviewing decision makers, CEOs’, bankers, lawyers and other sources;
- Attend key conferences, trade fairs and relevant industry events in order to conduct side-line exclusive interviews;
- Work independently and in collaboration with the senior reporter for France and the wider team of reporters in EMEA;
- Work closely with our sister products, especially Dealreporter which is integrated with Mergermarket editorial, as well as other Acuris products including Parr, Debtwire and Inframation Group where appropriate; and
- Produce a steady flow of copy under tight deadlines, writing at least 18-20 of the above per month.
Skills & requirements:
- Excellent English and French speaking and writing skills;
- Strong reporting experience from another financial news service, newspaper or online publication
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as in collaboration with the wider team; and
- Willing to travel to key events within the region.
What’s in it for you:
- Located in our friendly Paris office, with frequent all-expenses paid travel to our London and regional offices;
- Full training and support where required; and
- Full-time position with a competitive salary and good opportunities for promotion within the editorial and wider Acuris team.
If this sounds like you, please click 'apply' below.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position