Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media. Working in our two core markets, financial services and technology we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and access to specialist networks of business professionals.
Overview of role
Channel Partner Insight is seeking a talented and hard-working technology business reporter to join its team.
Launched in February 2019, this young, global title provides news and analysis to professionals in the European and global IT channel. Channel Partner Insight's audience sells and services technology from IT vendors including Microsoft, AWS, Cisco and HP.
It is the sister brand of established UK title CRN - a leader in its space for several decades - and part of multi-award-winning publisher Incisive Media.
What you will be doing:
We are looking for a reporter with at least one year's journalism experience or a qualification in journalism alongside some strong work experience. Candidates should be keen to develop their career by covering the technology sales market at a business-to-business publisher, but no prior knowledge of the topic area is expected.
Some international travel to conferences in Europe and the US may be required (post Covid only).
As a reporter, you will:
- Learn about Channel Partner Insight's audience and the issues facing them
- Build a network of valuable contacts in your area of responsibility
- Devise a constant stream of story ideas that are valuable to CPI's audience of IT vendors, distributors and resellers
- Deliver regular exclusive stories to help distinguish Channel Partner Insight from its competitors
- Produce daily news to tight deadlines
- Interview top-level executives, both face-to-face (post-Covid) and over the phone/Zoom
- Cover international conferences of the big technology vendors, including Microsoft, AWS and Apple, either digitally or face to face, which may occasionally require working outside normal office hours
- It is envisaged that the reporter will take responsibility for covering the US market, building up contacts and unearthing original stories. Similarly, this may involve working outside normal office hours and some travel, post-Covid.
- Assemble and distribute newsletters
- Produce short and long-form analysis of key trends and market shifts in your area of responsibility
- Present and/or provide a V/O for video, participate in podcasts and chair events with appropriate training
- Distribute stories on social media - including your own account
- Monitor the competition to ensure Channel Partner Insight stays ahead in your area of responsibility
What can you expect from us:
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in Media, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- 25 days' annual leave
- Group personal pension plan
- Health cash plan (company paid)
- Life assurance
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Private medical insurance
- Corporate gym membership
- Retail discounts
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IM Foundation - staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
Plus a number of salary sacrifice benefits including cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments and many more!
How to apply:
Are you keen to join the Incisive Family? Click on 'Apply online' to start your journey.
Please include a CV and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for the role.
If this is not the right job for you then perhaps you have a friend who might be suitable? Please click on the envelope share icon at the top of the middle column on this page to email them a link to this advert.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position