Our lively, innovative and forward-thinking editorial teams in the east are looking for new editorial talent to join their news team. You would be working with our much loved titles the East Anglian Daily Times and its sister paper the Ipswich Star, contributing to our print titles, their ever-growing websites and a host of successful weekly publications and websites.
This full-time role would suit someone who has a passion for news and wants to break into local journalism, you may have the right qualifications but very little experience or you may have worked on a good weekly paper and are looking for a fresh challenge – either way we would like you to apply.
With a base from our offices in Ipswich you will be required to cover stories across Suffolk and North Essex. You will have a great ability to create video and pictures to engage audiences with digital content that is lively and current as well as producing captivating written content for both print and digital audiences. You will be given scope to find your own news as well as working on stories as directed by the newsdesk.
You will be working in a creative team of 20 working a shift rota that includes 1 weekend in 4 and working some early and late shifts. It is essential that you drive and have access to a vehicle.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Journalism / Media qualifications at A level or Degree equivalent
- Ability to produce sparkling copy for our newspapers and websites
- Strong digital audience awareness for content
- Able to produce video and picture content
- Ability to demonstrate a decent standard of spelling, particular for writing captions
- Excellent news judgement
- Ideas for print and digital platforms
- Good knowledge of Suffolk
- Full valid driving licence
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary dependent on experience £18k to £25k
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Annual Volunteer work day
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
- Plus, the opportunity to work on highly respected papers and the chance to live in one of the most beautiful regions in the country!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to change the closing date at any time during the recruitment process, so please apply asap as we will be dealing with applications as soon as they arrive.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position