Reuters offers talented students and graduates with an interest in journalism an opportunity to learn at the world’s largest international multimedia news agency.
Our global internship programme gives you the chance to fast-track your journalism career and develop your skills across a variety of subjects and media. We welcome passionate and curious reporters, producers and photojournalists who want to tell stories for a global audience. Reuters seeks diverse candidates from all backgrounds and is excited to work with emerging talent who can cover breaking news and tell in-depth stories from new perspectives.
We are looking for an intern to work across our text and pictures departments in our London newsroom.
What we are looking for:
- Commitment to a career in journalism
- A keen interest in storytelling across text reporting and news photography
- An Interest in issues that affect companies, markets and economies
- Emerging talent who can tell stories about finance, politics and people from new perspectives and in different formats
- Drive to build sources, break news and deliver deeply reported stories
- Ambition to deliver journalism with real impact
- An international outlook and ability to work in a team and communicate across departments
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A basic level of spoken and written English is required
- Paid 12-week internship, starting from 17 June 2024
- An assigned senior editor as a mentor
- Formal training and coaching
- Interns are expected to pitch and deliver in-depth stories as well as to regularly write and take photographs during their assignment
- Participants who excel may be considered for future opportunities at Reuters
- Applicants must be in their final or penultimate year of university to be considered for our summer internship programme
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the region/country to which they apply
Our application process:
- The deadline for applications is Sunday 17 December 2023 at 11.59 pm GMT
- Interviews will be conducted in February/March 2024
- Please apply with an up-to-date CV and answer our application questions
Founded 170 years ago, Reuters provides society with the news it needs to be free, prosperous and informed. Each day, 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, valuing independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
Reuters news is read and seen by billions of people worldwide every day. Our stories reach more than 750 broadcasters in 115 countries and 1,000 publishing clients, including eight of the world’s top 10 newspapers.
Our audience includes:
- 35 million unique monthly visitors to Reuters.com
- Hundreds of thousands of professionals use Thomson Reuters premium products
Each year, we deliver:
- 2+ million unique news stories
- 1.4+ million news alerts
- 730,000+ pictures and images
- 110,000+ video stories
- 4,600+ expert views
- Nearly 100 investigative reports
What is in it for you:
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global career: As a global company, we can offer truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning and development: On-the-job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market-leading benefits
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we have been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialised information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 26,000 employees across more than 70 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found here.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position