The Role: S&P Global Platts Commodity Associate Programme is a seven-month rotational programme with intakes in March and September 2021. The programme starts with a month's training followed by two, three-month rotations in different commodity sectors, leading to a permanent role.
The Location: London
The team/the business: You will be part of a the Platts price reporting team and will be considered as a specialist in the market(s) you will be working in. We are looking for genuinely curious and motivated graduates that are passionate about the commodities market, reporting and want to develop their career in a dynamic, high-performing and diverse team.
- Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
- Be part of a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning six continents.
- Be known as a respected source of essential information and part of a renowned brand.
- Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialised company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global - a company that fosters development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
- We are looking for critical thinkers to join our team at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in more than 190 countries. The content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
- Price reporters provide insightful market commentaries that demonstrate Platts' thought leadership in the market, demonstrating our ability to spot key trends that help customers better anticipate market-moving events
What's in it for you:
You will be gathering qualitative data and intelligence from market participants as well as conducting price assessments guided by our methodologies. You will also be exposed to a number of market topics including supply and demand, infrastructure issues, geopolitical issues, transportation and regulation, and how these subjects impact respective markets. You will get an opportunity to learn about different aspects of oil, power, natural gas, LNG, coal, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping markets.
During the programme, you will be fully trained in all the foundational skills and topics needed to succeed in the role of a price reporter. This includes writing market commentaries and news pieces which informs our pricing benchmarks and analytics.
You will receive four weeks of comprehensive training followed by two, three-month rotations in different commodity sectors - preparing you to move into a permanent price reporting role in one of our commodity teams. Should you meet expectations and perform well, you will be offered full-time permanent employment at the end of the programme. Rotations and final placements are based on business needs.
You will be entrenched in S&P Global's truly diverse and inclusive culture where you will have the opportunity to thrive as you bring your true, whole, human self to work.
- Establish and build relationships with key market participants in order to obtain valuable market insights
- Keep abreast of market developments through independent research and reading
- Write concise and informative market commentaries
- Verify source information through appropriate channels
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our price assessment methodologies and apply them rigorously through the price assessment process.
- Complete all assigned foundational training to learn about commodity markets and develop new skills
What we are looking for:
- Completion of a minimum BA/BSc undergraduate degree by March or September 2021. Postgraduate students are also encouraged to apply.
- All degrees welcome concentration in journalism, communications, business, economics, mathematics, finance, engineering, sciences, or energy-related disciplines are particularly welcome. Many of our graduates do not come from a commodity background.
- Strong communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing style)
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Understand importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail & organizational abilities to work efficiently with market sources
- Intellectually curious
- Significant comfort level with suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Excel)
About S&P Global Platts:
At S&P Global Platts, We are the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in more than 190 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Interested candidates should visit our career site to submit an application via the application links below:
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position