Why Join the MoneySavingExpert.com Team?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money. The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting. In addition, our Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills while Credit Club is a great way of managing an array of financial decisions.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer - and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work. If you are inspired by what we do or see yourself as a passionate consumer champion, and have the grit and enthusiasm along with the skills we seek, a career in MSE might just be the right career step you are looking for.
Why Our Role?
We’re looking for a talented, hungry and experienced senior analyst to join our editorial team in our central London office, working within the Energy & Utilities team.
The successful candidate will be an expert – or become an expert - on topics including energy, broadband, mobiles and more.
In the main, you’ll be analysing products in the utilities markets, and adding the best to MoneySavingExpert’s on-site guides, tools and weekly email, as well as driving the energy & utilities team to deliver regular news stories.
You will check and give feedback on work delivered by MSE’s big team of writers to ensure the content in MSE’s guides, tools and weekly email is 100% accurate and up-to-date – that all product details are correct, all relevant products are included and all statements made in the guides, tools and email are factually accurate.
This includes making sure content can be fully understood by readers and is in line with MSE’s style, as well as structured in an engaging and easily-navigable way.
You will be heavily involved in the planning side of things, ensuring we have regular and timely content, as well as having the opportunity to write news stories, blogs and guides.
You’ll be expected to be passionate about your work and brimming with ideas.
What will you be doing?
- Checking accuracy of product details in MoneySavingExpert guides and the weekly email, as well as Cheap Energy Club and Broadband Unbundled tools.
- Proactively sourcing and verifying information on new products that have entered the market. This will involve a mix of checking comparison websites, fielding calls from providers and proactively contacting providers regularly to ensure the information we display is as up to date and as comprehensive as it can possibly be.
- Uploading information on new and existing products to the website, ensuring 100% accuracy and reliability.
- Working closely with other writers to advise of market developments.
- Feeding into the planning process to ensure a pipeline of relevant content for the website and weekly email.
- Keeping on top of market and industry changes and pitching news story ideas for the daily news meeting.
- Suggesting and implementing guide and tool restructures with the help of analytics where necessary to optimise content.
- Fact-checking guides and tools to ensure that all factual statements are accurate.
- Correctly prioritising workload to ensure all updates are completed within deadlines/target timeframes.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Excellent analytical skills
- High levels of accuracy
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to react quickly to market changes
- Good communication skills
- Proven ability to work to deadlines/targets
- Strong evidence of effective time management / prioritisation skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Energetic and full of ideas
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the utilities markets
- Familiarity with HTML
- Experience of writing online
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position