Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations. Haymarket Business Media's award-winning B2B brand Horticulture Week is the leading provider of high-value business information for the £25 billion UK horticulture and landscaping industries.
We are now looking for a senior business reporter to lead our coverage of the commercial landscape market, from reporting on major landscape-led regeneration projects such as London's Kings Cross redevelopment to researching and creating high value data reports such as our Top 100 Landscape Contractors ranking.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Tracking and reporting on the major landscape construction and management projects in the UK
- Researching and writing weekly analyses on key developments affecting the landscape market, major landscape projects and leading landscape businesses
- Developing excellent contacts with leading landscape designers, contractors and suppliers in order to report on their projects
- Reporting on major tenders and other business opportunities for our professional landscape audience
- Delivering our exclusive Top 100 Landscape Contractors research report and related products
- Maintaining a strong focus on internal HBM analytics to understand which content is most highly valued by our audience
You will need to be numerate and confident with data, and have the necessary skills to take full responsibility for the successful delivery of research and editorial projects to the high quality that our audience expects.
Deadlines are everything in our business so you will need to be an expert at time management and able to thrive under pressure.
Essential attributes include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven experience of writing for a professional or business audience
- A recognised journalistic qualification or equivalent experience
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We are hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with more than 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There is time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too, from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days' holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days' holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing one day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 11-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend three days of their week in the office and the other two working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position