- To protect and enhance the GBS brand by leading on external and internal communications. You will increase GBS visibility and credibility by developing the narrative and stories that reach and engage a wide range of audiences. This exciting new role is the perfect opportunity for a communications professional to build a new function seen as critical to GBS's continued growth and ability to realise its ambitions.
- The post holder reports to the head of marketing and communications and will work collaboratively across GBS to meet the needs of different internal and external audiences.
- Developing the internal and external communications strategies including creating a deep understanding of target audiences and agreeing communications objectives for those audiences
- Developing the brand narrative and message house
- Developing and delivering the communications plan, identifying and delivering communications that attract and engage target audiences across relevant channels
- Developing effective internal communications channels that support the development of the company culture, enable dialogue and improve engagement
- Measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of communications and engagement activities, demonstrating impact and value
- Planning and preparation for communications in the event of issues and incidences
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience in leading the creation and delivery of effective and detailed communication strategies, across multiple mediums, for culturally diverse B2C, B2B and B2G audiences
- Experience of a press office or journalistic environment. Generating stories, media handling processes and tactically placing stories with journalists and the media.
- Expert-level understanding of communication technologies with proven ability to support senior leadership with decision making in this area
- Ability to use internal performance data or research to inform future communication strategy and optimisation, and, demonstrate success
- Demonstrable track record of turning around different and varied communications quickly across a range of channels.
- Experience of supporting senior leaders and spokespersons with briefings and tactics on handling the media so that key messages are prominent and landed in media coverage.
- Can use industry recognised media monitoring platforms for evaluation and planning.
Occasional work may be required at evenings or weekends, for example incident management communications.
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Due to the volume of expected applications, we will only be able to respond to applicants shortlisted for interview.
GBS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Location: Greenford, West London
Job types: full-time, permanent
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position