Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed and struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson's can feel like.
Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson's – a brain condition that turns lives upside down, leaving a future full of uncertainty.
Parkinson’s UK is an ambitious and dynamic charity, passionate about improving the lives of everyone affected by Parkinson’s. We are working towards bringing forward the day that no-one fears Parkinson’s, and our pace and determination is stronger than ever.
We’re looking for a Senior Content Editor, to write, edit, lay out, produce and ensure accuracy of our content – in particular our information to meet the needs of different target audiences. You’ll develop new and updated print and digital information content in line with the Information Standard and the Parkinson’s UK brand.
What you’ll do
- Develop evidence-based health and care information content for print and digital channels.
- Manage stock, oversee good-value print spend and assist in planning and scheduling the production of new and existing information content.
- As Deputy Editor of The Parkinson, develop the print and digital versions of the magazine.
What you’ll bring
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent writing and editing skills, good attention to detail, and extensive experience of writing accessible and usable digital content.
- Experience of managing and coordinating multiple projects, and identifying the information needs of different target audiences.
- Experience of operating in a modern digital workplace, including using digital tools (and what is needed from the role) to work collaboratively and productively.
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position