Senior content editor - BuyaCar
We are looking for a senior content editor to work on BuyaCar at Dennis Automotive, home of the UK’s biggest automotive media brands; Auto Express, Carbuyer and evo.
Reporting to the editor, the senior content editor will play a key role in the day-to-day running of the website and social media channels. This will involve overseeing content creation and updating work, SEO optimisation, using the content management system and ensuring that the highest editorial standards are maintained at all times.
The senior content editor will have a keen eye for detail, an excellent command of written English and a well-developed all-around understanding of digital media.
The role will involve all aspects of the digital content creation process from helping to develop content ideas, writing content, subbing copy and editing pictures to running the website’s CMS, building web pages and maximising audiences through SEO and social media.
You’ll have good knowledge of SEO and content management systems, plus an understanding of social media best practice. Applicants should have strong writing and editing skills, a passion for digital media, a good knowledge of cars and the automotive industry plus HTML and Photoshop knowledge.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to support The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of their vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear from you!
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position