Energy Intelligence (EI) is widely recognised as the leading and independent provider of energy and geopolitical news, analysis, data and research. Our reputation is built on quality coverage by award-winning journalists. We set the industry standard for excellence with flagship products that are indispensable for energy professionals. Through its Research & Advisory arm, EI also manages projects for clients internationally and compiles incisive reports and data analytics. The Oil & Money Conference in London and Global Energy Intelligence Day, Moscow feature among the high-profile events that EI hosts. Over 60 years of expert energy coverage, EI is the guide to understanding today’s biggest stories and taking advantage of tomorrow’s opportunities.
EI has offices in eight locations around the world with commercial presence in Moscow, Singapore, Beirut, Dubai, London, New York, Washington and Houston.
This Dubai-based position is for a reporter with extensive experience and with the drive and aptitude to produce original content and insightful analysis in opaque environments like the Mideast. The post will focus on covering the whole breadth of Mideast energy issues, including Opec, oil, gas, renewables and nuclear developments, and the interplay of regional and global energy geopolitics. It will also involve careful monitoring and reporting on countries’ political and economic situations. Arabic or Farsi is a major plus, and the applicant should have excellent reporting and writing skills. Good knowledge of the energy industry and/or Mideast politics is highly desirable.
* Work as part of our Dubai editorial team to cover Mideast energy and politics
* Provide regular story pitches, news stories and analysis pieces for our Mideast-focused publication Energy Compass
* Contribute news and analysis to our daily and weekly publications, such as International Oil Daily, Petroleum Intelligence Weekly and EI Finance.
* Attend conferences and other industry events as required in the Mideast
* Proven track record as an energy journalist, and a contact network to back it up
* Good clear and concise writing style
* Strong critical and analytical skills
* Excellent understanding of Mideast energy and politics
* Ability to develop original story ideas and see angles our competitors don’t
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Ability and willingness to travel in the region
* Good interpersonal and communications skills to facilitate cooperation with colleagues in the Dubai bureau and overseas.
* Arabic or Farsi desirable
This job description is not exhaustive and may be updated to reflect relevant changes in line with business requirements.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.