CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its six TV channels – English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian and documentary, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN Europe is a fresh multimedia news channel from a modern, purpose-built newsroom in London’s Chiswick Business Park. It will join the other regional CGTN hubs in Beijing, Nairobi and Washington DC in helping the network to set the news agenda across the UK and Europe, by broadcasting and publishing award-winning news and current affairs content that will provide a fresh take on European political, economic, social and cultural affairs.
We are now seeking a senior digital producer to join the new digital team in London.
- Uphold editorial oversight of content, ensuring all output is engaging for global audiences, while adhering to editorial policies.
- Lead and direct editors, writers and video specialists to produce daily multimedia content for all digital platforms, reporting to the executive producer for Digital Media.
- Plan and execute special digital coverage on a given topic or event.
- Collaborate with producers, reporters and correspondents to make the most of television assets and skills for digital platforms.
With significant experience working in international newsrooms, you will demonstrate a strong track record in producing and publishing engaging and agenda-setting digital news content.
You will also:
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and proficiency in the latest digital technology and systems across websites and social media platforms.
- Exhibit an interest in current events, geopolitical and international relations.
- Showcase an ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding 24-hour news operation with a willingness to be flexible according to the news cycle.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse office.
- Demonstrate a proficiency with desk-top editing software is desirable.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply online.
11th Floor Building 7 Chiswick Park
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position