The Role: S&P Global Platts is looking to recruit a Senior Editor, Container Freight, which is a key role in the EMEA Freight Markets team. The Senior Editor will be responsible for developing Platts global container market coverage as well as every aspect of daily market reporting, including the collection and publication of primary market information, running an assessment process, assessing the value of a variety of freight markets, reporting market-related news, writing commentary and analysis, contributing to methodology development and engaging with market sources.
The Impact: The successful candidate will be developing container freight benchmarks aimed to enhance transparency in one of the largest and most important global shipping markets.
The Career Opportunity: The successful candidate will have opportunities to grow within the team and the company. These opportunities can include expanding into a global remit or focusing on different commodities or commodity groups in EMEA or other regions.
The Team / The Business: The successful candidate will be part of a global team. The candidate will be considered a thought leader in the industry; being a team player, strategic planner and strong communicator are of utmost importance in this role.
- Take ownership of developing Platts container freight pricing benchmarks and editorial content
- Assess daily container freight rates in line with Platts shipping methodology
- Build internal support network by liaising with commodities, marketing, sales, innovation teams
- Actively engage with the industry players, develop methodology, promote benchmark adoption
- Speaking at high-level industry events
- Take an active leadership and coaching role in the team
- Serve as a backup editor for other freight markets
- Degree educated with at least three years’ experience of reporting/ analytics or editorial management experience
- Editorial product and pricing benchmarks development experience
- Strong leadership ability which utilizes influence, and promotes team collaboration and development, as well as personal accountability
- Supreme strategic planning and time-management skills
- Good knowledge of the global container industry, shipping and commodities markets.
- Proven public speaking abilities. This position will be an internal and external ambassador of what we do and must be an accomplished and confident speaker
- Outstanding communication skills, ability to connect and communicate with high-level market influencers
- Confident writer with proven track record of writing news, features and special reports
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position