Who are we?
SJR is the Content Marketing Institute's Agency of the Year 2020. We are the first, and still the best, end-to-end content consultants. We believe in the power of transformative content and have an unparalleled group of talent that make content marketing differently. We combine journalistic rigor with creative intelligence, then amplify all that editorial heritage and creative flair with technology to sharpen the conversation, decode complexity, transfer knowledge and build trust.
Who we are looking for:
A senior editor to help us bring our clients' brands and stories to life for audiences around the world. We are seeking an experienced finance or business journalist to ideate, research, write and edit stories predominantly about the financial services industry. You must have a passion for writing and the skill to deliver top quality content in multiple formats across a wide range of topics, in particular banking, IPO, insurance, and technology.
As a senior member of the editorial team, you will need to manage the editorial/creative process and maintain the accuracy, quality, and value of the content production to ensure it meets SJR's and our clients' standards. You will have a strategic mindset about content creation, understanding the client's particular needs, the important role of data and insights can play, and how best to distribute it to the target audience.
This is an exciting time to join the world's leading content marketing agency, working alongside a talented team and cultivating a portfolio of excellent work.
Who you are:
- Content marketer. You are excited about bringing original and untold stories to life that inspire and delight and understand the elements and formats that go into brand journalism.
- Editor. You are an experienced writer and editor who can produce the highest quality copy to tight deadlines.
- Journalist. You are happy to research complex subjects, monitor the latest industry trends and are comfortable interviewing senior level executives and sector experts.
- Creative. You can take a brief from ideation to delivery, instinctively knowing the best formats to use.
- Data-minded. You understand the value of both qualitative and quantitative data insights in guiding both strategy and content.
- Self-driven. You are proactive, energetic and motivated with a can-do attitude.
What you will do:
- Create and execute best-in-class content from concept to execution:
- Work closely with clients on bringing content strategy to life
- Lead story ideation based on the client brief, making sure to always reflect the overarching brand story and point of view
- Research and fact-check all information to ensure accuracy
- Arrange and conduct interviews with subject-matter experts or contributors
- Work across a wide range of formats, understanding the most impactful ones to best deliver the client’s story to their audience
- Consistently write brand and tone-appropriate content across multiple styles and for all formats: social, long and short form, film script, infographics, etc.
- Participate in creative ideation and brainstorm sessions, and contribute to the creation of compelling content, as well as assisting with new business pitches
- Work closely with other departments including client services, creative, production and analytics and insights to maximise opportunities and productivity
- Identify opportunities for organic growth with existing clients
- Stay on top of the trends in the financial services industry
- Actively contribute to the collective learnings and development of the team and the company
What you will bring:
- Minimum five years of professional experience in journalism with a focus on finance, business, or economics
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; quality assurance for spelling and grammar
- An outstanding portfolio of work containing published pieces of varying styles and formats
- Proven ability to sharpen narratives at any stage of the project's life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, build and execute content strategies
- Excellent presentation skills to sell creative strategy and concepts to current and prospective clients
- Ambitious with a strong willingness to learn and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Possess both analytical and creative thinking skills, key to developing innovative thought processes and strategic content plans
- Meticulous, organised, technical and creative at the same time - able to deliver high-quality work on tight deadlines
- Ability to connect and collaborate with a wide variety of people (an interdisciplinary team)
- A positive, upbeat attitude!
- Competitive salary
- Generous workplace pension scheme
- Regular performance check-ins and a feedback driven culture
- Collaborative, passionate and fun colleagues
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position