Metro.co.uk delivers news, features, sport, opinion, and shareable content to a fast-growing global audience and we are looking for a talented senior entertainment reporter and feature writer to join the London team.
Ideal candidates will have experience in creating original content in a variety of forms, including interviews, videos and features. They will have a passion for all things TV but also be able to cover a wide range of topics.
You will have a talent for finding the strongest angles on the best stories and be confident in pitching your ideas to the entertainment editor and PRs to ensure you get the best content.
You will also be confident in leading a team and pursuing original angles for stories.
You should be passionate about online and have a distinctive, engaging and lively writing style. We’re not afraid of character here.
- Working with the entertainment editor, social, SEO team as well as the picture and video desk to create bold, engaging and timely content
- Spotting great stories and have a passion to cover them before competitors
- Be confident in using contacts to create exciting exclusives
- Writing the best and most engaging entertainment content, using a variety of formats
- Creating/commissioning original stories and bringing in exclusives as well as making sure trending stories are covered in an innovative and imaginative way
- At least two years' experience reporting on entertainment for a media outlet
- Understanding of the UK Editors’ Code of Practice, media and copyright law
- Excellent attention to detail
- Broad industry contacts and good relationships with news agencies, bloggers and community groups
- Being able to conduct interviews across a variety of platforms (from written to FB Lives) is a bonus
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability are essential.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com