Managing IP (a Euromoney Institutional Investor title) is seeking a reporter to cover intellectual property in Europe, including patents, trade marks and copyright, working as part of a small team with opportunities for advancement. The role includes the possibility of travel.
Main responsibilities include:
- Producing stories daily for the website, as well as longer stories for the print magazine. Areas of coverage include: litigation in European courts; trends at regional intellectual property offices; and practical strategies for in-house counsel dealing with IP issues
- Being the face of Managing IP in Europe, establishing and maintaining good personal relationships with key industry contacts, associations and government bodies
- Attending and presenting at conferences – both Managing IP and external events – to promote the publication and build market knowledge
The successful candidate:
- An experienced journalist, preferably with a B2B publication
- Strong source-development skills and the ability to provide consistent breaking news and analysis
- Highly inquisitive and not just able to report on the facts but dig deeper into what is driving them and identify trends
- Interest in developing knowledge in the legal industry and a new network of contacts
- Excellent spoken and written English, with the ability to deliver copy to a high standard on a tight deadline
- Social media and data skills are a plus.
- A law background is not required
Managing IP is a leading global resource for IP news and analysis through extensive online coverage and a monthly magazine. It has an international team of journalists in New York, London and Hong Kong.
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below