Senior financial journalist: Reporting to the UK editor; part of a 10-strong team covering UK equities
- Writing breaking news on growth companies across all the major sectors
- Pitching feature ideas and producing ad hoc investment stories
- Interacting with broadcast and business development teams as well as Proactive's international bureaus
- Liaising directly and collaboratively with PRs, IRs and brokers
- Maintaining an excellent working relationship with Proactive's client base
Required qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Three to five years' experience reporting on companies and markets
- A flair for communicating difficult subject matter in a succinct, readable and entertaining way
- An eye for detail
- Knowledge of at least one of the following areas: technology, life sciences, mining, oil and gas, cannabis, psychedelics
- We would expect you to be able to interact comfortably and confidently with members of the c-suite, investment analysts and brokers
- You will be educated to degree level
- Real-time news experience
- Knowledge of SEO best practice
- Ability to leverage coverage using social media
This is a role for someone looking to advance their career in one of two directions:
- Becoming a subject specialist / feature and op-ed writer
- Or working to advance their managerial skills to become news editor or regional bureau head/editor
We will help you get to that next level on the career ladder. So, we will ask you to pitch, research and write feature and op-ed to deadline.
You will be handed responsibility early in your tenure and will be allowed your head if you demonstrate initiative and creativity.
You will be given sector responsibilities, overseeing coverage for editorial output for that particular business area of industry. The aim, over time, is you become a sector expert.
You will also be asked to supervise and mentor less experienced team members.
Our senior team are experience financial journalists with national newspaper and international newswire experience who can help nurture and develop your talents.
As it expands, Proactive is looking for editorial staff at all levels, not just here in the UK but in Canada, the US and Australia. We are also hiring experienced freelance staff.
Proactive is a unique tech-enabled platform providing companies globally with a comprehensive investor engagement solution across their business lifecycle.
With six offices on three continents, Proactive works with 1,200 innovative growth companies quoted on the world's major stock exchanges, helping executives to engage intelligently with investors.
As part of this mission, we produce written and video financial news and sell-side equity research, which is disseminated to our audience of professional, high net worth and engaged private investors.
In 2021, Proactive featured in 809 million search results, our content was viewed over 165 million times and our readers spent over 10 million hours on our websites.
Proactive has produced over 300,000 articles and 20,000 executive interviews since it was established in 2006.
If you think you could be a good fit for our team please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Product Manager
2nd Floor, 35 Great St Helen's
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position
- broadcast journalists broadcast journalists feed
- copywriters copywriters feed
- editors and management editors and management feed
- features features feed
- freelance freelance feed
- news news feed
- proofreaders proofreaders feed
- section editors section editors feed
- specialist writers specialist writers feed
- new media new media feed