the limbic is an online publication that covers clinical and medico-political news for specialist doctors. Initially founded in Australia over five years ago, the limbic has rapidly become the number one news website for specialists in Australia.
With the recent launch of our publication into the UK, we are now seeking a full-time experienced health journalist/editor to write and commission news articles and build relationships with experts and organisations relevant to our audiences.
What's the role?
- Work alongside the global editorial director to source stories for our weekly newsletters.
- Write and commission clinical and medico-political news for our professional medical audiences.
- Deliver other forms of online content such as webinars and podcasts as well as use of social media to engage with audiences.
- Attend and report on medical conferences in the UK and Europe.
Who are you?
- A strong understanding of science and health reporting for a highly specialised audience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write high quality copy for an expert medical audience.
- Experience in a fast-paced news reporting environment.
- Flexible and a proactive ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work autonomously as well as with a team across different time zones
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing a complex workload, problem solving and use of initiative.
- Experience using content management systems, Mailchimp, Twitter, LinkedIn.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to head up and develop a news publication in a supportive environment.
- A custom package: We’re happy to offer a competitive salary as well as performance related financial incentives.
- Significant focus on flexibility (choose your hours) matched with outcomes.
- Ongoing support and training with opportunities to grow as the business does.
Please send your resume and a short covering letter stating why you are suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Limbic Digital Media
12a Vale View
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position