CGTN - the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on 31 December 31 2016.
CGTN's aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organisations by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
Our London office at Chiswick Park houses a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
The senior human resources manager is responsible for the implementation of HR practices and objectives that will provide a results-driven, high-performance culture which emphasises quality, productivity and process improvement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with the senior managers by adding value to their departments and deliver excellent advice, coaching and support.
- Evaluate, create, implement, develop, up-date and maintain effective policies and procedures.
- Lead on organisational design and restructure as CGTN Europe grows and evolves.
- Manage, coach and mentor the HR team and other roles in the business, as required.
- Collectively work with the HR team to ensure a joined-up approach to hiring international employees.
- Ensure there is a high level of customer service and support for all new hires to ensure the employee experience throughout all processes is efficient, communicative and error-free.
- Design and deliver short training courses in areas such as employment law, management development and cultural programmes.
- Manage and continue to align effective performance management through the appraisal process and assessments.
- Create and design the future Performance Management System.
- Develop, track and manage comprehensive, consistent and competitive compensation and benefit plans aligned with the culture.
- Research and develop benchmarking data to ensure that salaries and benefits remain competitive with all other broadcasters.
- Oversee the pension auto-enrolment process to ensure the company remains legally compliant.
With experience working in international HR, you will be a forward thinking, proactive, pragmatic and creative senior HR professional who is client facing, strategic and driven by being operationally close to the business and contributing towards meeting the channel's goals.
You will also be able to provide pragmatic solutions to complex problems, and have the tenacity and resilience required to flourish in a pressurised and constantly-evolving environment.
You will also:
- Be experienced in managing a HR team.
- Have experience of recruitment and working closely with other relevant teams to ensure processes are joined up and immigration regulations are adhered to.
- Be a self-starter with the drive, determination and commitment to get things done.
- Be an effective communicator at all levels, with the ability to build good relationships both internally and externally.
- Have experience of working under pressure and to deadlines with the ability to multi-task.
- Be customer focused with the ability to deliver against expectations of management.
- Have experience of working in a creative and technical environment, ideally in television production.
If your skills and experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply via our online portal by clicking the Apply Online button below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position