CGTN -the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on 31 December 2016.
CGTNss aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organisations by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
Our London office at Chiswick Park houses a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English-language platforms.
We are now seeking a business news interview producer to join the team in London.
- Manage and co-ordinate guests for daily business news coverage and breaking news, working to the executive producer business news CGTN Europe.
- Pitch stories and select guests to add value to segments, working with a team of senior producers, input editors, writers and reporters.
- Research and prepare briefings on guests for producers and talent.
- Manage all logistics for guests from start to finish, while working in an effective team environment.
- Expand contacts database covering a variety of business expertise.
With significant experience in live television preferably at an international news network, you will have as strong interest in business and economic matters, current affairs and foreign events.
You will also:
- Demonstrate superior research skills and have a wide range of business contacts in Europe.
- Have a clear understanding of how social media is used to cover and influence news events.
- Be a self-starter, and thrive under pressure, especially in a “start-up” broadcast centre environment.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff.
- Have proven editorial judgement.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position