Wealth Manager is currently hiring a senior investment reporter to join Citywire's vibrant editorial team.
In this role you will play a core role in the production of investment coverage for our sophisticated audience. Candidates will be expected to have at least two years' experience and a strong knowledge of investments.
You will join our fast-paced editorial team, writing for our fortnightly Citywire Wealth Manager magazine and our website. This role will be based mainly in our London editorial office and permitted to work two to three days from home.
Citywire is a leading global provider of independent intelligence and insight about asset management. Our events, news, technology and analysis inform asset managers, investors and intermediaries around the world about the changing shape of a $75 trillion industry that channels the investments of millions of individuals, businesses and institutions.
The successful candidate will be expected to cover a beat of fund and wealth management companies, building strong relationships to enhance our investment coverage. This will include building relationships with our international investment editorial teams across the globe.
The senior investment reporter will have strong multimedia skills to feed into our fast-growing virtual channel, generating cutting edge investment podcasts and films. The post holder will work closely alongside our excellent video production team and will have access to our state-of-the-art media studio.
The reporter will also be asked to develop specialist knowledge of a particular area of interest to them across the broad universe of investment themes, producing unique content relevant to this topic.
- Play a key role on investment coverage.
- Deliver video and podcast interviews.
- Analysing and reporting on asset management results.
- Breaking industry news.
- Writing in-depth analytical pieces for the magazine.
- Developing original content that demonstrates a thorough understanding of our readership.
- Building relationships with senior management across the industry.
- Helping manage our social media strategy.
Job specific skills / requirements
- At least two years' journalism experience.
- Broadcast journalism skills - training can be provided.
- Sound editorial judgment.
- A track record of breaking news.
- An understanding of financial markets and a strong contact book.
- Buckets of drive and enthusiasm.
- A flair for clear and concise writing.
- An excellent grasp of the English language.
Who we are
Having a common set of values sets the tone of everything we do and how we do it. These values should feel intuitive and natural - conversely not supporting these values is a serious problem!
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with particular reference to these behaviours: A positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make it happen attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and additional company benefits:
- 25 days' holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years' service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays,
- Competitive private pension scheme,
- Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7,
- Well-being activities and subsidised gym options. We will help with your monthly costs.
- Cycle-to-work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans.
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12 months and make a National Insurance saving too.
After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly.
Please do not miss our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMOUK4uLN7yZU8j79l4zcg
* Please note all our benefits are based on a regular office operations situation. Some of them may not be applicable until the UK resumes normal business operations.
Pre-selected applicants will have to undertake 2 psychometrics tests.
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams.
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position