RFE/RL is looking for an experienced Russia-focused journalist with a proven track record writing compelling features and analysis to join its English-language newsroom. The ideal candidate will have a good eye for a story, excellent writing and reporting skills, and the ability to deliver sharply written analysis on a wide variety of Russia-centric topics. S/he will be a keen follower of the Russian Internet; a strong social media presence is also desirable. S/he will also be comfortable in front of camera – whether it’s for a Facebook instant analysis of a news event, or an appearance as an in-house Russia expert on RFE/RL language-service programs. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious journalist to reach a broad regional and international audience. The position is based in Prague with some opportunity for travel.
- Pitches and delivers engaging, original stories and analysis
- Final product can include, but is not limited to, news, full-length features, interviews, explainers, analyses, video scripts
- Uses personal social media accounts to spread stories and help grow RFE/RL’s audience.
- Is available during important, breaking news events beyond regular working hours.
- Education in Journalism or related field.
- Minimum eight years’ journalistic experience.
- Deep knowledge of Russia and post-Soviet space.
- Willingness to work across mediums and formats (from writing, to live videos, explainers, etc.)
- Ability to carry out independent reporting from the field involving foreign travel.
- Ability to work under pressure while juggling tight deadlines.
- Ability to deliver quality, accurate products with minimal supervision.
- Expertise in working with social media platforms
- Comfortable on camera.
- English language (native fluency)
- Russian language (advanced)
Our team is based in Prague, one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. We offer a competitive salary, a chance to work in a multinational environment in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, and a benefits package that includes relocation, paid housing, medical coverage, an attractive retirement savings package, home leave benefits for expatriates, visa support, and tuition for dependent children.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, kindly click the "apply online" button below and send us your CV and cover letter in English through the application form and quote vacancy number: BNA1332-1801