BBC News is producing a daily video bulletin for mobile, covering the biggest and most interesting UK and global news stories of the day for an international audience.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of a new type of digital news show as part of the BBC World News team.
The show will be produced by a dedicated team and is a complex set-up requiring knowledge of TV production as well as digital story-telling editing techniques and digital audience behaviour.
As a senior member of the team, the post holder will have a range of duties, including planning, producing story sequences and graphics and video editing. You’ll need evidence of creative segment producing and making the most of technology to produce high impact storytelling.
- To ensure the show uses imaginative and challenging treatments of key stories and events
- To brief producers, directors and presenters clearly and concisely
- To give feedback where appropriate
- As part of the World News team to work collaboratively with colleagues to share day-to-day editorial plans and ambitions
- If required, be deployed to be work within the broader World News team
Are you the right candidate?
- A high standard of editorial judgment, writing ability (in flawless English) and TV/video production skills based on substantial journalism experience
- Demonstrable understanding of shifting viewing habits and how video works on mobile
- Good knowledge of UK and international news and current affairs
- Substantial experience editing video in FCPX (and ideally also another software like QEdit or Adobe Premiere)
- Proven experience of producing, scripting and editing digital video
- Must be able to work well and calmly to tight deadlines with the ability to juggle priorities and communicate clearly
- Must be able to demonstrate sense of visual awareness as well as technical aptitude.
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position