Medianett’s bi-monthly Bridging & Commercial Magazine is looking for a talented and dynamic senior reporter to join our busy editorial team.
Are you an ambitious senior reporter who is keen to make the next step in their career and grow into more responsibility? This position could be a perfect match.
This full-time role would suit someone with plenty of experience working on a print magazine, preferably a trade publication, or in business, property or finance-related industries. You'll need to be confident and enjoy going out and getting stories by talking to new people, enjoy thoroughly researching a new subject matter, and be able to produce intriguing, factually accurate and clean copy to deadline. The position will include pitching exciting ideas for all sections of the magazine, planning and arranging interviews and photoshoots, creating flatplans, and bringing new and innovative creative direction during the design process.
As you will have key responsibility bringing in the majority of the stories for each issue of the magazine, you will have impeccable time management skills, lots of long-form writing experience, and a good understanding of magazine production.
Based in central London, our ideal candidate for this role is someone who is hard-working and driven by going out and getting exclusive news stories and interviews.
The role includes working closely with the editor and sub editor to manage deadlines and editorial strategy for the magazine.
- Pitching exciting ideas for all sections of the magazine and always having a backup
- Writing sound briefs and sticking to them
- Updating the editor and sub editor regularly on the progress of your stories
- Writing exciting, clean and factually accurate copy to deadline
- Planning and conducting interviews with key industry figures and coordinating photoshoots
- Creating and updating flatplans
- Assisting the editor with the design process
- Regularly attending industry events and promoting the magazine to help widen its subscriber base
- Gaining feedback on each issue from subscribers
- Creating teaser and launch social media campaigns to attract new readers
- Immersing yourself in the industry to capture its zeitgeist within your articles
- At least two years' experience as a reporter on a magazine, preferably B2B
- NCTJ-qualified - shorthand is preferable. A sound understanding of media law is a must
- Strong communication skills
- Able to spot and uncover scoops
- A strong interest in finance, property, the economy and politics
- A fantastic feature writer who produces high-quality, thought-provoking, clean copy, and can identify when a story doesn't stand up
- A positive attitude, solution-driven, and has a willingness to learn and continually enhance your understanding of the sector
- Impeccable time management skills and able to complete work to set deadlines
- Be a team player and leader
Hours will be 8:30am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday. We offer 20 days’ holiday per year and usually close for a week over Christmas.
Does this sound like you? Please get in touch.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
If you are interested in the above vacancy, please click the "Apply Online" button below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position
- copywriters copywriters feed
- editors and management editors and management feed
- features features feed
- news news feed
- photographers photographers feed
- production and sub-editors production and sub-editors feed
- section editors section editors feed
- specialist writers specialist writers feed
- new media new media feed