Senior market reporter - eectricity
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,100 staff globally. We are headquartered in London and have 26 offices in the world's principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
What will you be doing?
The job is a challenging mix of: reporting on market movements, assessing prices, analysing data, producing expert analysis and writing breaking news.
We provide extensive training in good writing, market assessment, industry understanding, source development, and data analysis.
There are many opportunities to travel, to meet contacts, and to present papers at conferences and on webinars. There are also opportunities to work in other Argus offices around the world.
What we are looking for in you:
- A graduate with a strong degree and ability to develop, source and write news to deadline
- Excellent written, grammatical and numeracy skills and ability to analyse data and write engaging content
- Strong software skills, notably Excel, and ability to learn new software
- Strong co-ordination and time management skills with the ability to work well within a team
- Prior experience of working in the financial, energy, or journalism sector is useful but not essential
- German and/or French languages would be an advantage
What is in it for you:
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- 25 days' holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
- Hybrid working
- Tax free childcare
Up to 10 per cent of the time spent on national and international travel, within Europe.
11am – 7pm with a one hour lunch break
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you send your CV and cover letter via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
By submitting your job application, you automatically acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data to the Company. Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position