We are looking for an innovative individual with significant experience in regional media relations to join our fast-paced team to provide maternity cover.
Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research. People with cancer and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Based at home in the North East, you will exploit and create media and public interest in the work and aims of the charity across the North East and North Yorkshire.
Key responsibilities will include implementing regional media relations plans to support fundraising, scientific research, health initiatives and Brand activity. This will involve forging close relationships with cancer patients and survivors (media volunteers); organising regional photocalls; shooting and editing basic video content for online media using a provided smartphone (training provided).
To take on this exciting opportunity and help us beat cancer sooner you’ll have…
- Significant experience as a senior journalist, PR manager or in an in-house press officer, with a proven track record in proactive media relations
- A sophisticated understanding of regional media and its needs.
- The ability to seek out news stories to engage support
- An appreciation of the role of social media in enhancing media relations
- The confidence to work independently and remotely, and also as part of a geographically-dispersed team.
The successful candidate must have a driving licence and be able to travel when necessary.
How to apply
All applications should be made via the Cancer Research UK careers website - please click "Apply Online" below to be redirected.
You will need to create a profile before submitting an application, which involves attaching your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in applying for the role and explaining how you meet the set criteria.