We have a fantastic opportunity for a senior reporter to join the award-winning Dumfries and Galloway Standard team. In this role you will find and report on the stories and issues which matter to our readers and help us to have a positive impact on the local communities we serve.
This is a home working role however due to the nature of the position, this reporter will need to be based in Dumfries.
What will the role involve?
- Find and tell stories about local communities which engage as many readers as possible, or stories which will be of interest to local communities
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication
What are we looking for?
- You will possess an NCTJ-accredited or equivalent journalism qualification
- Preferably 1-2 years' experience working in a newsroom
- Understanding of digital publishing including SEO
- Solid understanding of social media and comfortable using social publishing tools
- Up-to-date legal and IPSO code knowledge
- Full driving licence
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Daily Record and Sunday Mail to our regional titles, our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
Reach, which has a monthly readership of 47 million people, is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. Here at Reach, we strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working, work/life balance and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 35 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free well-being apps and coaching support
- Share save scheme
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position