About the role
We at PEI Group are looking for a senior reporter to join our welcoming, diverse, and growing team based here in New York. The successful candidate will provide coverage of the US private real estate market for PERE's online and magazine editorial offerings while reporting directly to our editor.
Do you think you have what it takes to:
- To enhance and maintain PERE’s relationships in the US real estate market.
- To be a key voice and visible editorial contact for PERE, both via PERENews.com and PERE magazine as well as PEI Group’s conferences and on social media.
- To become an editorial authority on all matters regarding real estate in the region.
- To maintain PERE’s high editorial standard and be an important member of its team of editorial professionals. If so, we would love to hear from you!
Your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the PERE editor and REG editor-in-chief to determine the overall editorial direction and execution strategy for perenews.com and PERE magazine.
- Contribute to the editorial agenda for perenews.com and PERE magazine in collaboration with the PERE editor and REG editor-in-chief. To have a constant handle on key news and events in the marketplace with a view to producing coverage for both formats.
- Determine, pitch, research and write off-diary analysis and insight features for PERE magazine and associated special magazines.
- To break exclusive news on events in the US real estate market.
- Where appropriate, contribute to PERE’s sponsored coverage programme for perenews.com PERE magazine and various special magazines.
- To write regular commentaries for perenews.com PERE magazine and various special magazines as well as maintain commentary on social media channels.
- To oversee PERE’s weekly Blueprint email newsletter, including idea generation and providing, assigning, compiling and editing items.
- To chair and write up thought leadership initiatives, including roundtable discussions.
- To assist in the data collection and validation for PERE’s signature rankings and lists, including the PERE 100, PERE 200, Global Investor 100 and Proptech20.
- To participate in PERE events, both on-stage and digitally.
- To attend and, on occasion, participate in non-PERE-associated industry events.
- To assist the PERE editor and PERE’s magazine editor with miscellaneous tasks related to the production of PERENews.com, PERE magazine and various special magazines.
For more information about PERE, please feel free to check https://www.pei.group/brands/pere/
- Formal journalism education or training is a must.
- Prior experience covering real estate or financial news
- Ability to demonstrate an aptitude for proprietary analysis writing and exclusive news reporting in both digital and print
- Written and spoken fluency in English is essential.
- A keen networker, with the ability to establish and cultivate relationships with industry contacts through in-person and virtual meetings, sector events and social media channels such as LinkedIn.
Who we are:
PEI Group is a subscriber-focused business intelligence company. With our multi-talented global team of more than 400 people, spread across EMEA, USA and Asia, our purpose is to inform and connect investment professionals across global, specialised markets. We identify specific high-growth, high-value investment sectors and themes where deep insight, strong market relationships and active capital flows are critical for success.
What we do:
PEI Group provides industry-leading journalism, data, and market insight to subscribing clients via a wide portfolio of specialist brands supported by our robust and scalable digital publishing, analytics, and database platform.
We also track the firms and individuals who shape markets and bring client communities together to enable knowledge sharing, profile building and relationship development through professional networks and events.
Wherever our markets are active – in New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Sydney, Hong Kong, Singapore, London and elsewhere – PEI is hard at work examining crucial market forces and shifting investment themes, identifying active investors and their capital allocations, and scanning ahead for regulatory changes, new compliance requirements and other risk factors.
We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at PEI Group are fair, inclusive, and open to all. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other equality characteristic.
PEI Group supports flexible working arrangements, and we welcome career returners.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position