Salary: Up to 33,000 on completing successful probation (Applications for pro-rata 4 days per week will also be considered)
Red Snapper Media reaches the largest audience of police and justice professionals in the UK, publishing a market leading network of digital media titles dedicated to the police, offender management, criminal justice and enforcement practitioner audiences.
Part of Red Snapper Media; Police Oracle is the UK’s largest provider of police news and information, publishing the latest stories on police jobs, transfers, equipment, pay and conditions and training.
We have more than 47,000 paid subscribers, 206,000 registered profiles and regularly hit 500,000 page views a month.
As a senior reporter you would be required to write breaking news stories and a variety of feature articles, covering all facets of law enforcement to ensure readers stay informed on the latest issues facing the community.
- Interviewing people in a range of different circumstances.
- Building contacts to maintain a flow of news, for example, police and emergency services, local council, community groups, health trusts, press officers from a variety of organisations, and the general public.
- Seeking out and investigating stories via your contacts, press releases and other media.
- Attending press conferences and asking questions.
- Brain-storming investigation and feature ideas and submitting Freedom of Information requests to forces.
- Attending a variety of events, such as council meetings, magistrates' court proceedings, police media briefings, police conferences and other media events.
- Answering the phones on the news desk and reacting to breaking news stories.
- Working closely with the news team and editor.
- Recording interviews and meetings using shorthand or technical equipment.
- Producing concise and accurate copy according to the website's house style and deadlines.
- Writing short 'fillers' to entertain, and researching and writing longer feature articles.
- Creating and uploading news content for all sections of the website.
- 'Live' online reporting or real-time blogging when covering important events.
- Using the CMS systems to upload copy.
- Using social media tools including to push articles to a wider audience.
- Cultivating social media followers and working to increase followers.
- Visit force areas and interview senior officers.
- Adherence to department data standards and processes.
- Add contacts and images to database.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records on calendars.
- Breakfast every day on the business.
- Private healthcare.
- Gym membership.
- Up to 24 days holiday a year.
How to apply:
To apply, please email a covering letter and a copy of your CV to the Human Resources Manager, Jane Salmon, email@example.com or click the "apply online" button.
RED SNAPPER MEDIA
Tel: +44 (0)20 3119 3379
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position