The Insurer is looking for a senior reporter to join us in building the fastest-growing digital publication covering the global P&C and specialty (re)insurance industry.
Launched in 2019, we pride ourselves on providing more than 18,000 industry professionals with unparalleled market intelligence that gives them and their business a competitive edge. Our 24-hour news coverage - provided by editors across our London, New York and Los Angeles hubs - means we are first with major industry developments and the only service that tells our readers what’s really going on behind the headlines.
Find out more and meet our growing team at www.theinsurer.com/contact-us.
About the role:
This is a great opportunity for someone currently working as a reporter with experience in finance either at a trade title or a national publication.
We work at a high level and speed, writing for a financially literate and relationship-driven market so we need a journalist who has a head for numbers and an easy way with people.
We are looking for an exclusives-hungry news journalist with a proven track record for spotting a story in a company's financials and unearthing leads from off-record conversations with a book of contacts that will be growing day by day.
The role would be ideal for someone who has cut their teeth in a fast-paced newsroom and is now looking for a new challenge with significant responsibility as we continue to build the title.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Source exclusive news on a daily basis
- Cultivate a strong book of contacts from across the market
- Build a network of sources through engaging with senior executives on the phone as well as in person
- Quickly turn around punchy and accurate wire copy
- Foster good working relationships and work as a team
- Upload content and assist in managing the website
- Attend industry events and conferences
What to expect:
- All of our team members are currently working from home, however we do expect to return to the office in the City of London on occasions in the future
- The work is often challenging and fast-paced as you will need to meet tight deadlines and juggle various projects simultaneously
- You may need to travel abroad during annual industry events or conferences
Permanent, full time.
Competitive (depending on experience).
If that sounds of interest, please send your CV along with a cover letter and any relevant writing samples demonstrating exclusive news coverage or the ability to get into the weeds of a company's financials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WB Media Group
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position