The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Our hugely successful SEO team sits at the core of our publishing operation and is constantly evolving, driving search traffic, growing new audiences, and building engagement and loyalty with our readers. Our senior SEO editors work on a rota so regular evening (usually one week a month) and weekend (usually once a month) work is essential to this exciting, rewarding role.
- Represent the department at editorial conferences, report on key search trends and give specific recommendations about important search stories and events.
- Take responsibility for a specific section of the site and drive, monitor and report on SEO success.
- Ensure subject desks and SEO journalists write about SEO priorities in the most effective way and manage their workflow.
- Pre-plan for future articles and events by building out topics, doing keyword research for upcoming exclusives or events, and coming up with SEO plans.
- Use a range of analytics tools to report regularly on top pages/articles driving SEO traffic.
- Make SEO recommendations to journalists on individual articles (EG headlines) - both proactively and in response to requests for help.
- Edit live articles to match SEO best practice.
- Train and mentor the more junior SEO editors.
- Essential: Editorial background with experience in a digital publishing environment and of reacting quickly to breaking news and changing search trends.
- Essential: Good understanding of the technical principles behind editorial SEO.
- Essential: Familiar with a range of SEO tools.
- Desirable: Experience of working within Wordpress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position