Express Online is looking to bring on-board a senior showbiz reporter to join its fast-paced celebrity news team. We are looking for an experienced writer with a go-to knowledge of celebrity and TV news. As a senior showbiz reporter you will be responsible for sourcing exclusive stories, covering breaking news, red carpets and awards shows, as well as editing.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Deliver high-quality, thoroughly-researched, accurate and well-written news
- Responsible for taking over the editor's duties when they are off desk or on holiday
- Editing celeb news stories and wider content
- Build strong contacts for story-gathering
- Being able to handle breaking news is a huge part of the role
- Be adept at social media to build audiences and communities and ensure that content is shared on social platforms
- Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines
- Other responsibilities include helping with rotas and being flexible with working hours
The ideal candidate
- An excellent knowledge of UK and US celebrities, as well as TV, is essential
- Creative and the ability to write rapidly and accurately
- Proven ability to write excellent copy and break exclusives
- Experience of editing either online or print
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days' holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and 10 years' service with Reach, you will accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Enhanced maternity, partner and shared parental leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on diversity and inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position