EMAP’s purpose is to drive professional progress for ambitious individuals and companies in fashion, architecture, health and construction. We unlock growth opportunities for our customers. Our unrivalled relationships with key decision makers give our customers essential access, insight and recognition. We deliver this professional advantage through award winning digital content, live events, intelligence services and learning tools.
About the role:
Leading commercial property title Property Week is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and driven senior sub-editor to join its award-winning team of journalists. You will will work with the acting chief sub-editor, sub-editor, writers and section editors to ensure copy is clear, engaging and error free in the weekly print issue of Property Week. Some subbing of online copy will be required. They will also deputise for the acting chief sub-editor in his absence.
If you have a flair for writing attention-grabbing headlines and standfirsts. As well as fast and accurate when subbing copy and adept at identifying problems and fixing them, this role is for you.
You will be a stickler for good English and highly numerate and organised. A good team player. You will also be confident with deputising for the acting chief sub-editor in their absence.
- Working with the acting chief sub-editor, writers and section editors to ensure copy is clear, engaging and error-free.
- Producing attention-grabbing headlines, standfirsts, captions and cover lines.
- Helping the acting chief sub-editor manage the production of Property Week and pass pages for press.
- Designing and subbing pages using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Liaising with the ad production manager to ensure flatplans are accurate.
- Liaising with the repro house and printer.
- Ensuring articles are legally compliant.
- Ensuring all pages and designs comply with Property Week house style and standards.
- Helping sub Property Week’s online output where required.
- Helping to manage freelancers and the production budget.
- Maintaining and updating house style throughout the magazine and supplements.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position