We are looking for an SEO content lead to join the Audience Engagement team within the Financial Times newsroom on a fixed-term contract to cover a maternity leave. This person will contribute to reshaping digital publishing and helping reach new readers in a company navigating through an evolving publishing landscape.
We are looking for someone with a passion for news, who can evangelise digital strategies, lead in the transformation of newsroom process and culture, and develop new projects with the aim of increasing reach and visibility of our content in search.
- To lead and empower the FT’s newsroom in implementing and experimenting with SEO.
- Develop close working relationships with editors, communicating daily and through bespoke projects on trends, headline optimisation and optimisation opportunities.
- Review and enhance editorial processes to better implement SEO in the newsroom.
- Get involved and sometimes lead diary event content strategies, using analytics to track success and inform improvements.
- Provide recommendations on broader best practice digital strategies including social media, community management and building, event management and data analytics.
- Have an eye on all newsroom digital strategies to be able to provide SEO advice where required.
Who we are looking for:
You have experience working in a newsroom, or in an editorial or media-related context, and you have a knack for creating change through influence and persuasion. Good communication skills and the ability to think creatively about solutions will be vital to succeed in this role, as well as being able to self-motivate and remain focused.
The SEO content lead will be asked to prioritise and juggle multiple projects, and work in an agile-like fashion, using data to present ideas and develop areas of opportunity. This role is the main source of SEO expertise within the newsroom, and so a solid knowledge in SEO best practices, and experience of content and headline optimisation are a must.
A digital newsroom that is perpetually evolving is a unique working environment, so other skills or experience in the Audience Engagement disciplines would be useful, although not required, to broaden the guidance and recommendations you can provide, and open up career progression within the newsroom and the broader organisation.
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Applications should be made by 25 February 2018.
Nikkei is committed to equality of opportunity. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company – and we welcome all members of the community we serve to apply for openings with us.