Newsquest, the UK's leading local media group, has announced a major new £1.5 million per annum investment in local journalism with the recruitment of 50 new digital journalist roles across the UK.
As part of this investment we are looking for a top-class SEO content data analyst to help us lead with unrivalled SEO content across the UK.
Every day our online news brands reach millions of people right across the country - almost 80 per cent of the local population - and you will be joining a team of driven, innovative digital specialists taking our content to the next level.
- You will understand and work across many aspects of our digital products but with a particular focus on SEO audience growth.
- You will work alongside a content editor and team of specialist SEO journalists in a newly formed SEO content team, creating content that will increase our reach through search channels and new referrers.
- You will bring our content decisions to life through data, identifying audience consumption habits and performing 'deep-dive' data analysis to provide actionable insights that will help our journalists reach the biggest possible audience with the right content, at the right time, the right places.
- The role works hand to hand, day in, day out with colleagues in our editorial, commercial and product teams to deliver insights through data, define and provide reporting and to identify risks and opportunities.
- As important as any aspect of this role, you will act as an advocate for data-informed decision making, particularly with editorial teams, and help provide important feedback to our product teams about actions or development on our platforms that could enhance our visibility through search and our ability to grow traffic to our sites.
Skills and experience:
- This role is all about content, so experience working in an editorial environment, particularly with an audience development, would be highly advantageous.
- You are highly numerate and analytical and you excel at breaking down a problem or task. When working alone, you get on with it, when working with a team, you are proactive, collegiate and pragmatic.
- Equally important are your excellent communication skills and your ability to present complex information in an easy-to-understand manner to journalists and other colleagues with clear, evidence-based recommendations. You will also need to represent the team to report on progress to regional editors and senior management.
- A few years' solid experience with a major analytics tool such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics is a given. Other skills that would be extremely advantageous...
- High proficiency with a BI tool such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview or similar
- A thorough understanding relational databases and the ability to write SQL select queries
- An expert user and a big fan of Excel
- Coding experience in a relevant language such as Python or R
- Experience working in a publishing environment
Reporting to the digital content, social and audience manager, this role can be based anywhere in the UK and can be a mix of home working and being in a newsroom.
If this sounds like a role for you then please send your CV and a brief email to EditorialJobs@newsquest.co.uk by 31 May 2021.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position