We are looking for an SEO editor to join our national editorial team. The successful candidate will take on a vital role producing unique content to attract a new audience, designing strategies to maximise relevant search opportunities (whether that is Love Island or the lockdown roadmap) and promoting search best practice among colleagues.
For this role we require someone who has knowledge and experience with SEO.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Identify search opportunities and content gaps, making proactive suggestions for how to drive search performance forwards
- Provide dedicated SEO support and plan content for key dates eg. general elections, royal weddings, Christmas
- Create and/or optimise evergreen articles, tags and topic pages
- Help develop SEO best practices and SEO guidance
- Act as a go-to person for editors and reporters seeking SEO advice
- Make daily recommendations to editors and reporters, and create content based on trending topics and breaking news
- Monitor daily output, ensuring SEO best practice is followed and making interventions where necessary
- Report on the performance of SEO strategies, highlighting successes, failures and any relevant learnings
- Keep up to date on industry developments and undertake competitor analysis. Support and feed back to the wider SEO team
The ideal candidate
Who are we looking for?
- You will have experience working in a news or digital publishing environment
- A good knowledge of SEO (some familiarity with SEO tools would be useful but is not essential eg Google Trends, Search Console or SEMRush)
- A confident and proactive communicator
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free well-being apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position