The Chelsea Magazine Company (CMC) is a specialist publisher of luxury magazines and digital content, which has recently been acquired by the Telegraph Media Group (TMG).
CMC offers a range of specialist consumer brands including; The English Home, The English Garden, Artists and Illustrators, Classic Boat and Britain. The portfolio offers print and digital subscriptions and reaches a combined monthly audience of 2.5 million in the UK and abroad.
TMG would not be one of the world's most successful media organisations without the talent, determination, and creative spirit of our people. As our readers’ needs evolve, it's more important than ever that we recruit original thinkers and innovative individuals who can keep us at the forefront of our industry. That means not only journalists but also marketers, analysts, designers, engineers, and much more.
About the role
The Chelsea Magazine Company is looking to recruit an SEO Manager (maternity cover) to oversee the strategy for driving increased visitor numbers to its priority brand websites. The role will focus on supporting and directing editorial brand teams so that the content being posted is optimised to deliver the greatest return.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for developing and implementing the growth strategy and will have autonomy to do this.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Plan and develop an SEO strategy for editorial brand websites
- Perform and share regular keyword research with editorial brand teams so that the effectiveness of the online content strategy is optimised
- Motivate and train brand teams to successfully deliver the online content strategy
- Identify and implement online content and SEO KPIs for each brand team
- Prepare and present monthly reports for the group digital manager
- Work with the development team to ensure websites are optimised to attract maximum online traffic
- Work with sales and marketing teams to maximise the commercial opportunities available through the corporate and brand websites
- Post content to brand websites as necessary
- Contribute towards maintaining a successful native advertising strategy
Knowledge and experience:
- The role will be suitable for individuals with demonstrable online editorial experience
- Candidates must be proficient with WordPress CMS, SEM Rush, Search Console and Yoast
- Training and development are important parts of the role, so an ability to interact and enthuse both individuals and groups is required
The nature of our industry means life at the Chelsea Magazine Company is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here so we offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits such as:
- Free digital magazine subscriptions for any of our brands
- Use of our onsite gym, yoga and pilates studio
- Free on-site GP
- Access to a range of massage and beauty services
- Dynamic working opportunities
Please note that as the employer for this role is Chelsea Magazine Company (CMC), the terms, conditions, and benefits are of CMC and not the Telegraph.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you will also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At CMC we believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process please make us aware.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position