Are you an experienced journalist who loves nothing more than some retail therapy? Well, we may have the job for you.
BirminghamLive is the second-largest regional website in the country with a huge audience but we want to get even bigger and we have an opportunity for a reporter to stay on top of the latest shopping trends - and identify the trends of the future.
The successful candidate will also try out shopping experiences on behalf of our readers as well as standing up for consumers with hard-hitting journalism.
This opportunity will expand our successful SEO team which ensures we are reaching as many people in as many communities as possible with clever targeted content.
We are looking for someone who is brimming with ideas, able to write engaging content in volume and ideally with an understanding of optimising content in a variety of digital platforms - on our homepage, Google, Facebook, Instagram and more.
We welcome candidates from a wide range of backgrounds. We want you to lead our teams to deliver the stories you believe are important from our many communities.
We believe in offering you ways to work which give you a good work/life balance - and you will never be on your own. Our new way of working keeps our journalists in the communities we serve, ensuring our coverage reflects real life, every day. You will be part of a team where everyone wants to see their colleagues succeed, with regular in-person meet ups, and constant training and development opportunities. You can play a role in helping to shape the future of journalism
- Using search tools to research and understand the latest consumer trends people are searching for
- Identifying topics which local brands can legitimately become an authority in
- Building communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and become engaged with readers about those stories
- Ensuring every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication
The ideal candidate
- You will be someone who can embrace the challenge of knowing up-to-the-minute reader trends related to shops up and down the country
- You will have an understanding of search engine optimisation (SEO) and skills in producing content which works in search
- You will love telling creative and accurate stories which engage an audience
- You will have creative flair and an awareness of quality digital storytelling
- We want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many diverse communities as we seek to grow new audiences
- We would love you to be social media savvy with experience of building your own brand and community
So, who are we?
BirminghamLive is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK.
At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too. Here at Reach, we strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working, work/life balance and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free well-being apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position