It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced social media insights and development editor to join us as part of our network of Live brands.
This role exists to ensure we are using data and insight from across the business to optimise our presence on social media, driving the customer value strategy in the process.
This role will be based at our Canary Wharf office.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please do not delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Part of the Live Network Social Media Insights Team, responsible for a particular region or cluster of titles
- Role is data-led, using data from our platforms and third-party providers to identify what is working, what is not, and where the opportunities to grow new audiences
- Report to head of social media on data insight, with x month plan for audience and engagement growth ongoing at all times
- Work closely with audience editors to implement data-led strategies.
- Dotted line to senior editor (customer) for relevant regions, providing insight and analysis on how social media can
- Grow audience
- Drive engagement
- Play a crucial role in CVS
- Identify new best practice
- Deputise for head of social media and other social media insight editors as and when required
- Building online communities which support KPIs of registered customers and audience scale
- Supporting all journalists to share content on social media and build online communities
- Responsibility for delivery of Reach strategy and training at a local level
- Taking accountability for the fair and consistent application of all our people policies, procedures and processes.
- Fostering a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations and having in-the-moment performance discussions
- Developing a culture of trust, where people are safe to speak up, clear on their role in the team's success and empowered to be their best at work
- Rewarding and recognising great performance, celebrating people's achievements and successes
The ideal candidate
- Social media publishing experience in an editorial setting
- Strong people management skills and effective at delegating and coaching
- Knowledge of the wider social media ecosystem
- Analytics use and application
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Spotting local, national and international trends
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Experience in handling and managing data and insights
- Deep knowledge of media law
- Successful background in developing people and managing people
- Digital publishing experience
- Communication, including written, face-to-face, presentation skills and the ability to cascade consistent messages for maximum impact
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Good problem solving and decision making
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position